Sunday, September 15, 2013

Reminiscence

This month has been one of reminiscing moments with old friends who are fellow toastmasters. 

My home club Kampong Ubi TMC hosted the Club's Humorous Speech and Evaluation Contest on 31 August 2013. 14 September 2013 was IPA TMC's contest. While I took a back seat and did not participate as a contestant, I gave my support to the events as an audience. In fact, I have blocked out both Saturday afternoon and I was glad to do it.

I have always admired the contestants as it needs great courage to take up the challenge. All put up a valiant attempt to clinch the trophies. All are winners in their right. As the audience, we were treated to the slew of engaging, entertaining and enlightening speeches.

It was especially special this year as I also managed to catch up with old friends. Mrs G also joined us in the August's to support the event. I also met S at IPA event. Besides catching up with old friends, I also made new ones. 

I love the Toastmasters club. It epitomises the saying, there are no strangers, only friends we have not met.

Kampong Ubi TMC's Humorous Speech and Evaluation Contest 2013

IPA TMC's Humorous Speech and Evaluation Contest

Fellow Kampong Ubi TMC members lending their support at IPA's event.

No comments: