Thursday, February 18, 2010

I am on the top of the world looking....

I must confess that I am not a professional photographer. I am not even interested in photography. However, like many people, my interest in photography is piqued by the handphone technology nowadays. The camera and video function are as ubiquitious amongst the phones like HDB flats dotting the Singapore island.

With a camera within my easy reach, I could not resist the temptation to just flash out my handphone and snap away. Here are some pictures taken at my family's recent trip to the Ferris Wheel during the Chinese New Year. I shall not talk too much. Afterall, a picture tells a thousand words...

Lion dance - A burst of cheery, orange colour greeted our eyes.



Alongside the loud and festive clapping of cymbals and beating drums filled the air.



Inside the capsule:



View from the capsule.



See it's another capsule!




Midway from the capsule.




At the top of the world - As the capsule rose to the highest point, we felt like we were on the top of the world looking, down on creations. And the only explanation was the marvel of mankind.



The centre of the Ferris Wheel was decorated with the Chinese character - the English equivalent of spring.

No comments: