Tuesday, August 20, 2013

A Page from The Bright Side of Life

I chanced upon the blog, The Bright Side of Life. In one of the many beautiful written blog posts, the author shared with us 25 uplifting quotes. They all resonate with me. These quotes have survived the test of time and are simply inspiring.

I will like to share 3 of my favourite uplifting quotes, along with my thoughts with my readers as follows:

1. Take the first step in faith. You don't have to see the whole staircase. Just take the first step. Martin Luther King Jr.

Many a times, we analyse too much until we are paralysed by fear. In the end, we do not take any action. But do we know by not doing anything is also an action? We do this as we like to put the blame on someone else but not ourselves.

When one is confused, what is important is to follow one's heart. Very often, the decision is very clear. Things get murky as our thoughts are muddled with the good-to-haves. What we need to do is to stay true to our desires and take the first step.

2. When one door of happiness closes, another one opens; but often we look so long at the closed one that we do not see the one that has been opened for us. Helen Keller

Helen Keller is one of my favourite poets. Once we have made a decision, we should move on. Still it is human nature to dwell in the past. Perhaps we lack imagination. The future is in our hands. Opportunity will knock but we have to answer it.

3. The past is history. The future is still a mystery. Today is a gift that is why it is called present. Sifu, Kungfu Panda

My father's sudden passing has made me realised the fragility of life. We also need to live the moment. Steve Jobs has famously said "Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life."

From my limited life experiences, I realised that very often, I already know what I want in life, which is exactly what Steve Jobs had shared. I just need to stay true to myself. What about you, my dear friends?



No comments: