Monday, August 5, 2013

Celestial Bodies, Aileen

It has been a very long time since I last published a blog post. I was overwhelmed by the amount of work - both from the personal and professional front. I grieved over the passing on of my beloved father. I struggled and am still struggling to find a good work-life balance.

Along the way, I was confused. At times, I was consumed by anger. This is so wrong. I have decided to pick myself up again. The whole world can be unfair to me, but it cannot hurt me unless I give it the permission.

Below was a poem which I have written to spur myself to become a stronger person. Maturity does not come with age. Rather it is the journey that one transverses and how one rolls along with the punches of life.

We can all be celestial bodies. Do stay tune for my next blog post. I will find time to do so.

Celestial Bodies, Aileen

Once upon a time, Earth grimaced when the sun was out
Life came to a standstill
Darkness engulfed
End of world loomed

But it was only for a short while
Dawn cracks again
As brightness gently shines throught the dark clouds
Just like Phoenix rises from ashes

There have been struggles
There have been doubts
Love triumphs all
Adversity builds character
Character makes life
Life is reborn
A new sun rises

It aims to shine brightly
Yet it is happy to play second fiddle
When the old returns

It is born out of the old
And will keep on burning
Bringing light and life to Earth

No comments: