Sunday, January 9, 2011

Marriage is so Beautiful

I just have had a very enjoyable weekend. Yesterday, my hubby and I enjoyed a round of 18-hole golf in the afternoon before I headed out to attend my company's Dinner and Dance event.

It was then that I realised that I have known my dear for more than 2 decades. 20 years is a long time but yet our love has grown from strength to strength. No doubt, we have arguments and disagreements but we respect each others view.

Golf is not an easy sport to pick up. It is really tough to keep moving when every stroke that you hit seems to be wrong. When the golf ball of other players was taking off like a jet, mine was just spurting along like an old car's engine. Yet perseverence is the key to success. Underlying this perseverence is my love to keep my hubby company and support him.

This is mutual. Last night, he asked me to call him to pick me up after the event which only ended over 11 pm. I did but then realise how tired he was. I assured him that I was old even to take care of myself to take public transport home. The sweetness of his thoughts warmed my heart. That's the beauty of marriage. I love you dear.

No comments: