Saturday, January 22, 2011

Chicken Soup for the Soul

What does success mean to you? Does success bring happiness? I believe it does. For that simple reason, many people crave for, dream of, aspire to be a very successful person.

Yet many people fail to go back to basics and ask themselves what is the definition of success? Is success to you a glittering report card of your achievements to-date? When I was young, I was taught that success was measured by the number of academic awards in school. After graduation, it is to be replaced by the fastest sprint to reach the top of the corporate ladder.

The vagaries of life have taught me that this is too simplistic and one-dimensional. Each of us will be faced with his or her own predicament. To me, the victor is one with the resilience to withstand the cruel storms of life. But not alone, we all need friends who will pull us through the hard times. And I believe friends are abound in this world, it's just that we have yet to meet them. But we will need to have the persistence to never stop trying and the ability to attract these living angels. And I hope you can be my angels :)

No comments: