Sunday, July 6, 2008

I am in love .... again

That intense feeling struck me as I laid my eyes on him. His pair of focused eyes looked firm but yet gentle on me. His light brown eyes blended well with his tanned complexion and good physique. I have had experience that before - it felt as if there were a hundred butterflies fluttering their wings in my heart.

That was more than 10 years ago when I first had that feeling. It is wonderful to experience that again.

After more than a decade of marriage, I can dare say the phase 1 without kids is the honeymoon period. Once the babies come, welcome to phase 2 of marriage - parenthood. There are stretches when being with the kids drained me dry, when their company made me feel plain fatigued and easily irritable especially when work pressures also pile in. Yet, it is also a highly fulfilling job to be responsible for moulding tomorrow's leaders. I will suppose phase 3 will come at the tail end of the family cycle when the kids are kids no more but grown-ups and we will have more time for ourselves. But only, we will be much older then.

At the cusp of the middle of my life journey, I discover that my first love remained untainted by age. I ransacked an unopened box which stashed away our precious belongings when we did a major renovation for our home. I found a card which I sent to my beloved five years ago when he was posted overseas for a working trip. Dear, I love you.

No comments: