Sunday, April 6, 2014

Absence Built Strength

I have had just another period of being the defacto head of household as my hubby was out of town. 

I remembered the first time he needed to travel was more than 10 years ago, I was at my wits' end. I had just given birth to our elder boy and still in my 8 weeks of maternity leave. Then I moved to my parents' place to stay as they helped to take care of me until my hubby returned.

Another period his absence which etched in my mind was the one that coincided with the birth our younger boy. I missed him badly and my parents again helped to tide me over the period. 

More than 10 years on, I was determined to take care of our boys as if daddy was in Singapore. We did the same activities and enjoyed the same level of comfort. 

When daddy was back, I cannot help but heave a big relief. I slept through more of the weekend. Little did I know that doubling of roles was draining me of vitality. My hubby may not be perfect but he loves the family deeply. He works hard to provide for us.

Levelling up I must. I have seen myself grown from strength to strength. The biggest improvement was when my hubby was not around. My boys were the reservoir of my strength and belief. I will continue to work to be better than who I was yesterday. 


No comments: