Sunday, January 11, 2015

First week of 2015

A new year has arrived! It is the year 2015.

As I mused over the events that unfolded in 2014, there has been ups and downs but I supposed I have managed the year well. Going forward, I need to stay focused on my priorities especially when R will be taking his PSLE this year. R still needs a lot of my attention while P is going through the angst of teenage years. The boys have adjusted well to mom's return to work full time. P did well for his sec 1 exam and is slowly fending for more independence in his own ways.

Being a supportive wife is what I have been doing for close to 20 years. I suppose woman is better multitasking. At the same time, I enjoy my work so yes, it may not be easy but a working mother is what that will define me.

Adaption is the key for me in the next few years. For now, my focus is to help the boys as much as I can. As the Chinese phrase goes "他们是未来的主人翁” -loosely translated as they are the masters of the future.

For myself, I need to continue to learn to keep pace with the changes. Like many, I too own a smartphone and update online regularly. Last year, I started to shop online too. Now I relearn my rusty Chinese to shop on Taobao Sea. Along the way, I learn new and cheaper ways to pay and also pick some security tips on and off.

I believe 2015 will be another awesome year ahead ;)




No comments: