Saturday, November 9, 2013

Technology

"Technology is the campfire around which we tell our stories.

–Laurie Anderson"

Thanks to the advent of technology, I have been sharing my stories to the world for 5 years and counting. Just recently, I have switched from blogging using my laptop to my smartphone. The latter has empowered me to blog on the fly.

A few weeks ago, I got myself the latest smartphone gadget. This has brought me and my boy much happiness. Though I changed my phone, all the contents were transferred to my new phone without a glitch. In fact, it was a breeze.

As for my boy, he was happy to be the proud owner of my pre-loved smartphone. Though it was about two years old, the phone was in excellent condition and was jam packed with features.

I used to be paranoid about technology especially the internet. There are dangers lurking in the dark. And I am concern about the bad influence on my boys at their young and vulnerable age. However protection through denial of access is not an option as Internet and social media have evolved into an important part of our life. Rather than blockage, I have decided to provide guidance and instil moral compass in them. 

I shall end this blogpost with the following quote by Steve Jobs.

"Technology is nothing. What’s important is that you have a faith in people, that they’re basically good and smart, and if you give them tools, they’ll do wonderful things with them.

–Steve Jobs"

No comments: