Wednesday, May 25, 2011

My boy's work

Myself

Growing up is like an egg-and-spoon race in an obstacle course. You have to crawl up from bed at the crack of dawn, dash to school just before the gate closes, complete whatever homework your teachers assign you - like this one - and also take care of the family at the same time.

Hi, I forget to introduce myself. My name is P. L. I am 10 years old and in Primary 4 this year. I am glad to say that I have survived three years of primary school life and still counting.

Being the elder boy at home, I also need to juggle homework with housework. My mother says that it is my responsibility. I say it is a serious case of child abuse.

My main household chore is to take care of my younger brother who is in Primary 2. It is not easy to be big brother who is always being accused of being a big bully.

Sigh, I suppose this is all part of growing up. I just hope that the egg will taste yummy at the end of the race.

***

A yet to be named poem

Dirt causes germs.
Germ causes diseases.
Diseases cause death.
And death causes sorrow.

Heavy rain causes flood.
Flood causes panic.
Panic causes death,
And death causes sorrow.

No comments: