Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Two-in-One Blogpost on Toastmasters' Club Meeting

This is a short two-in-one blogpost on what I have learnt at my Feb and Mar 2010 Toastmasters Club Meeting.

I loved the title by CC Raymond Yuen "Greed is a Devil". It was short and very attention grabbing. Other titles which were good included "It is not about me, but you", "Small change, big change". For the latter, small change referred to the money, while big change meant change in people's life and behaviour.

For this evening's meeting, I learnt the importance of a good opening and the use of "you" instead of "me". Ultimately, a speech is about your listeners - that's the "you" factor.

That's all folks. This week would be a busy and hectic one as I would need to prepare for the coming Toastmasters competition. As the saying goes "no pain, no gain".

No comments: