Sunday, December 14, 2008

Stock Taking for 2008

Time flies, 2008 is almost coming to an end. For the last few weeks, my work life comes to a standstill as I have been on leave. This comes to an end now as I have cleared my annual leave. Rejuvenated, renewed and radiant, I will be facing work challenge again, preparing for the coming year.

This year, I have been lost and bruised but managed to find my way back. I have set too many goals for myself and as a result, I felt so aimless - I will be doing something but drifting to another area before completing one. But I have definitely learnt something.

For one, I realised how little time I actually have. Sunday is the time where I do marketing and prepare food for the coming week. Monday to Friday, I have to juggle my work and family - 1. prepare dinner for the night, 2. send children to child care, 3. work, 4. exercise during lunch, 5. work, 6. pick up children from childcare/ school and 7. prepare for next day's dinner. I have done all these in clockwork precision and it gets more challenging when work piles up coupled with hubby going on his official trips. That only leaves me with Saturday, which I will also be attending my toastmasters' club meeting on bi-monthly basis. If time permits, I will also love to attend the weekday night's meeting and do some volunteering work, but I have to be pragmatic. Of this very limited time pie, I will also need to cut a slice to spend some time honing my golfing skills, coach the kids in their studies and just spend time with them.

With end of the year in sight, it's time to take stock of what we have done in this year. For me, it is not to be too ambitious and to do one thing at a time. This year, my focus is to complete my toastmaster program - target is one project every two months. Wish me luck!

No comments: