Monday, March 10, 2014

My Brother's Wedding

I never really understood the need for wedding dinner until my brother's. 

There were a lot of planning and logistics involved. Not to mention that it also came with a big price tag. 

However the passing of time made me wiser and more circumspect. I saw that our relatives made great effort to travel far and wide to attend the wedding. 

To the elders, they were happy just to see their long-time relatives. There was an understanding that if you could afford to, give more in terms of angpao money. Otherwise a smaller amount. The hosts were just elated to see each other and indulged in talking about the good old times.

Just see how happy my mother, her dear brothers and sisters, most had travelled from Malaysia to attend. Many were not in exactly pink of health but attend they must.




No comments: